To provide effective, caring and individualized stuttering therapy for children, adolescents, and adults who stutter.
- Teaching skills to successfully manage stuttering.
- Reducing the effect stuttering may have on a young person’s life.
- Developing communication skills and changing attitudes.
- Increasing self-confidence about speaking, as well as instilling a sense of empowerment.
- Involving parents and family members in the therapy process.
- Reaching out to families, friends and teachers through education and counseling
The STAR Center provides:
- Diagnostic evaluations for children, teens, and adults who stutter (in Long Island and NYC)
- Individual therapy for children, teens, and adults who stutter (in Long Island and NYC)
- Group Therapy for children, teens, and adults who stutter (in Long Island and NYC)
- Office and home based therapy
- Classroom presentations
- Support groups
- Parents groups
- Resources for stuttering support/self-help groups
- Ongoing professional consultations and continuing education for the professional community
- School in-service presentations